I decided today to come up with a new bread pudding recipe. I do believe I have a winner. Served hot with or without Ice Cream, you are going to love this one. Let me know what y’all think.
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons and 3/4 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 loaf cubed French bread
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 TB butter melted
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
- 3 TB water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TB and 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 TB butter
- Dash salt
- In a saucepan, heat 2 cups of milk until warm; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining milk, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Gradually add warmed milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter.
- Add bread cubes to prepared 9 x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Pour the milk/egg mixture over the bread and let sit for 20 minutes
- Combine the ingredients for topping in small bowl and then sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, for sauce, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add sugar; stir to dissolve. Add corn syrup. Bring to boil; cook 15-20 seconds. Remove from the heat; add remaining ingredients. Cut pudding into squares and serve with sauce.
Our finished bread pudding:
2,446 total views, 1 views today