I haven’t worked to much lately with savory recipes. With Thanksgiving and Christmas just passing, most of my days were spent baking cookies, candies, pies and nut breads. I am totally in the mood for a change. I tried to go a little different by making a Salmon dish. Although it is higher in fat than other fish, I do love a nice piece of Salmon. After looking around the seafood counter, I found a nice piece of Salmon and decided that would be dinner.
- 2 Roasted red bell peppers (you can roast or buy jarred)
- 1/4 CUP olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 4 Salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each, scaled but not skinned
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Puree the peppers in a food processor, and slowly add the olive oil, paprika and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan, and gently heat the sauce on low .
- Brush pepper glaze over Salmon and bake for 10 minutes. Brush remaining pepper glaze over Salmon and return to oven for additional 10 minutes or until lightly flaky.
- Just before serving, spoon the southwest corn over Salmon.
For Southwest Corn
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook until tender. Add corn, black beans, red bell peppers, green onions and hot pepper sauce; cover. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
7,739 total views, 22 views today