Y’all, this is the most moist bread I have made in some time. I was trying to utilize the many quarts of applesauce I have in my pantry, and fix the chocolate craving I was having for 2 days. So I decided to make an apple sauce bread laden with chocolate chips. OMG, it is so moist and the chocolate adds just the perfect touch. Not to mention, fixing my craving. I can’t wait to see what else I can use all this apple sauce in. I think I better stop today though, since I first made Apple Sauce Snicker Doodles.
So, now on to this recipe…let me know what y’all think about this one. I love your comments and feedback.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt cocoa and cinnamon.
- In three parts, add the flour. Between each addition, add half the applesauce. Mix only until no more flour is visible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the raisins.
- Separate batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool in the pans 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until you’re ready to eat it or store it in a ziploc bag or air tight container for up to a week.
5,048 total views, 0 views today