- 3 pounds fresh/frozen green beans (NOT canned)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh/dried chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh/dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh/dried rosemary
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds mushrooms (a mixture of button, shiitake, cremini are good), sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Dried fried onions (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add a big pinch of salt and the green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, the beans should still be crisp, they will cook more as they bake. Drain them and set aside.
Use 2 tablespoons of butter to coat a baking dish large enough to hold the green beans. Reserve 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and shallots, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid, about 10 minutes.
Pour in the heavy cream, add the olive oil, thyme, chives, rosemary, 2 tablespoons Parmesan and garlic powder, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the green beans and stir well. Put the green bean mixture into the prepared baking dish, top with the fried onions, and sprinkle on the remaining Parmesan.
Bake until everything is hot and bubbling, about 20 to 25 minutes
1,147 total views, 3 views today