I am develop a few recipes and this is one of my appetizer ones. Not that there was much to develop with this one. I’ve seen many versions on Pinterest so I decided to throw together my own version and take it for a taste-drive. Everyone seems to love it and I think we have a keeper.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons diced chives
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2oz) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 (8oz) block sharp cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1 (8oz) block package cream cheese, chilled
Combine all the ingredients except the cheeses in a quart mason jar and shake vigorously. Set to the side.
Cut the Cheddar and cream cheese in half lengthwise.
Then, cut both crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Layer the cheeses alternately into desired length. Put in small container that will hold the length of the new cheese log.
Shake marinade well and then pour over cheese log. Place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours (overnight is best) to allow marinade to mix/coat cheeses.
Take out of refrigerator, place on serving tray and spoon additional marinade over top. Let come to room temperature for best taste.
* You can of course change up the cheeses as you like. I think changing out the cream cheese for fresh mozzarella would be great or the cheddar with a Colby or jalapeno cheese would be awesome. Give some different cheeses a try and let me know what you think.
7,233 total views, 0 views today