I just enjoyed one of the best weeks I have in some time. One of my best friends came down from Virginia to celebrate our birthdays. Being only 6 days apart, we find it easy to have a birthday week instead of just one day.
Well you all might remember that Derek likes to contribute recipes here once in a while. This week I got lucky and not only got contributes, I got the food as well. I came home from work one night to find this along with his Chickpea-Feta-Tomato Salad.
He told me he found this recipe on the internet here. I am sure you all will enjoy this dish. I know it didn’t last long here with the three of us. Let me know what y’all think and leave a message for Derek as well.
- 6-8 Chicken thighs (Derek used a mixture of thighs and breasts)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F
- Mix the Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar.
- Put chicken thighs into a foil-lined 8×8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour mustard maple mixture the chicken, turning in the mixture so they are fully coated.
- Put in the oven, and bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce half way through.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle remaining sauce from the baking dish over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and serve.
16,903 total views, 1 views today