I thought it would be nice to have a little snack tonight and use up a few things I already had on hand. So I used the left over Pulled Pork from dinner this past week. So I grabbed some corn chip “dipper cups” and set off on a quick and easy appetizer. My Carolina Pulled Pork Cups were born. I’ve made pulled pork pizza before and to be honest that is the direction I was originally going with tonight snack. But then I saw the corn chips and decided I’d like a bit of a crunch that they would add. So y’all should do the same as I have. Use up some of your leftovers and make new snacks and appetizers out of them. You’ll find that your saving a lot of food that you might throw out because you have only a small amount left of something. You don’t need much to make snacks and you’ll be amazed at what you can come up with.
Tonight’s treat had a great saltiness from the corn chips, sweetness and tanginess from the home made Carolina BBQ sauce and creaminess from the bit of shredded cheddar cheese I topped them with. Unfortunately I didn’t have any fresh chives so I had to resort to dried. Y’all give these a try the next time you have left over pulled pork. You can also use left over taco meat, chicken or any other protein you have just a bit of left over.
- 1/2 cup shredded pork
- 1/2 cup Carolina BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 small shallot diced small
- chives to garnish
- 24 corn chip dipper cups
- Heat the pork so it doesn’t take as long to bake them.
- Spread the corn chip cups out on a baking sheet and fill with pork and about 1 teaspoon BBQ sauce.
3. Top with the diced shallots.
4. Add the shredded cheese. (as little or as much as you would like)
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Sprinkle with chives and serve warm.
5,100 total views, 0 views today